Hungry? You're invited to join me for dinner any night, or all nights, in the month of August! I'll provide the meal. You show up at 6:30 with your beverage of choice and an adventurous palate.

Interested? Send me an email/text/message to RSVP and I'll add you to the chair count. RSVP now or RSVP later, but please let me know by 3 pm on the day you are joining. Bring your friends! Bring your family! Enjoy your meal.

Friday, August 26, 2011

What to do with a pile of ripe tomatoes


Stuff 'em, grill 'em, and eat 'em.
Dinner tonight was another grilling adventure. Along with the grilled, stuffed tomatoes, we had grilled salmon with a grilled lemon garnish. It was a beautiful night to sit outside and enjoy good company after dinner.


The menu:
- grilled, stuffed tomatoes
- grilled salmon
- smoothies

The guests: Dad, Nancy, Marilyn


Dad and Nancy brought me the most delicious treat of all: Alice Waters' newest book, 40 years of Chez Panisse. Fittingly, the subtitle of the book is "The Power of Gathering".


2 comments:

  1. http://www.honeyandjam.com/2011/08/tomato-cobbler.html

    I found this yesterday and it looks really good, just in case you need some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks interesting. Are you going to try it? I think I will.

    ReplyDelete