Hungry? You're invited to join me for dinner any night, or all nights, in the month of August! I'll provide the meal. You show up at 6:30 with your beverage of choice and an adventurous palate.

Interested? Send me an email/text/message to RSVP and I'll add you to the chair count. RSVP now or RSVP later, but please let me know by 3 pm on the day you are joining. Bring your friends! Bring your family! Enjoy your meal.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Best month ever!

Tonight was a perfect ending to a great month. Thank you to all who took part in open dinner table. I had so much fun that I might just do it again next year!
For the last night I got a few requests that I didn't make good on:
- lobster
- a single plate of each dish I made throughout the month
- fudge bread... like steak bread, but with fudge
Had I been given more time to prepare the meal, I might have considered fudge bread.

The menu:
- fajitas (choice of mushroom, shrimp, steak, pork, chicken)
- vanilla ice cream with caramelized bananas and baked cinnamon-sugar tortillas


The guests: Josh, Jen, Henry, Kesha, Justin, Yu, Chad, Aaron, Mark, Amanda, Laura, Ellen, Melissa, Louis, Em, Andy

It's like nothing ever happened.

Thanks to all my coworker-friends who gave me a very thoughtful gift of a double boiler and gift card to a kitchen store! Now I can make tapioca pudding without burning the bottom of the pan!


No comments:

Post a Comment