Hungry? You're invited to join me for dinner any night, or all nights, in the month of August! I'll provide the meal. You show up at 6:30 with your beverage of choice and an adventurous palate.

Interested? Send me an email/text/message to RSVP and I'll add you to the chair count. RSVP now or RSVP later, but please let me know by 3 pm on the day you are joining. Bring your friends! Bring your family! Enjoy your meal.

Monday, August 1, 2011

One down...

Despite the heat, humidity, floods, downed trees, and threat of more severe thunderstorms, the first night of open dinner table was a success.

The menu:
- brats and veggie burgers
- potato salad
- fire-roasted salsa like my sister, Danica, taught me how to make
- grilled corn



The guests, in alphabetical order:
Aaron, Andy, Em, Jeff, Justin, Laura, Mark, Mod




Highlight of the night:
Andy: "Why is Mark calling me?"
Melanie: "Is he stuck in the bathroom?"
Andy: "Hello?" (pause) "Yeah, I'll be right up."
It's okay, Mark. You're not the first to get stuck in that bathroom. It's trickier than a bathroom should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment