Hungry? You're invited to join me for dinner any night, or all nights, in the month of August! I'll provide the meal. You show up at 6:30 with your beverage of choice and an adventurous palate.

Interested? Send me an email/text/message to RSVP and I'll add you to the chair count. RSVP now or RSVP later, but please let me know by 3 pm on the day you are joining. Bring your friends! Bring your family! Enjoy your meal.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Like riding a bike


Tonight I made chicken pot pie. Since it was a double crust pie, I couldn't cheat like I did last night with the pre-made crust. If I learned anything from the pie challenge, it's that you can get away with making crust dough the night before and the results are usually good. I lucked out with this crust - it rolled out beautifully. I guess making pie crust is now part of my muscle memory, just like riding a bike.


The menu:
- chicken pot pie
- garlic mashed potatoes (per Raya's request)
- tapioca pudding


The guests: Laura, Natalie, Raya, Caity, Maggie, Adam




3 comments:

  1. yum, that looks delish! Aren't you going to publish your recipes?

    Ella is in kindergarten today and won't be able to comment until later (maybe tomorrow).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chicken pot pie recipe (including the crust) is from the Joy of Cooking cookbook. Do you have that one? If not, I know what you're getting for Christmas this year!

    ReplyDelete