Hungry? You're invited to join me for dinner any night, or all nights, in the month of August! I'll provide the meal. You show up at 6:30 with your beverage of choice and an adventurous palate.

Interested? Send me an email/text/message to RSVP and I'll add you to the chair count. RSVP now or RSVP later, but please let me know by 3 pm on the day you are joining. Bring your friends! Bring your family! Enjoy your meal.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Steak bread

What is steak bread, you ask?
Good question. I'm not really sure. The idea came up at lunch one day. The same type of lunch conversation that brought you 100-pies-in-a-weekend, and other crazy ideas. I think we were listing all the possible, and impossible ingredients that one could make bread out of. Steak was one that really stuck as a seemingly impossible, but so very possible bread ingredient.
So what is steak bread exactly, you ask? Well, it's kind of like banana bread, except instead of banana, steak. But it's not sweet. And it's made with yeast. So not like banana bread at all.
This, on the left, is steak bread:


The menu:
- steak bread
- fake steak bread (more like a steak and cheese calzone)
- gravy
- grilled portabellas
- green beans
- carrot salad
- garden tomato salad


The guests: Adam, Andy, Aaron, Missy, Louis, Austin






No comments:

Post a Comment