Hungry? You're invited to join me for dinner any night, or all nights, in the month of August! I'll provide the meal. You show up at 6:30 with your beverage of choice and an adventurous palate.

Interested? Send me an email/text/message to RSVP and I'll add you to the chair count. RSVP now or RSVP later, but please let me know by 3 pm on the day you are joining. Bring your friends! Bring your family! Enjoy your meal.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tempeh ruebens


My sister, Emily, and I were really into making (and eating) tempeh ruebens this spring. We got into a vicious/delicious cycle that forced us to eat ruebens everyday for about a week. It started out with an innocent craving, which led us to the co-op to buy a loaf of rye bread, a package of tempeh, a bottle of thousand island dressing (or whatever the hippie equivalent is), sauerkraut, and some cheese. The pack of tempeh was a perfect portion for the two of us, but we were left with half a loaf of rye bread and 2/3rds of a container of sauerkraut. What are you supposed to do with that?
Our solution was to go back to the co-op the next day to get more tempeh. And then back the next day because we had run out of bread. Then we had to use all of that bread... you get the idea. Anyway, we got really good at making tempeh ruebens, so I thought I'd share the goodness at dinner tonight.

The menu:
- Tempeh ruebens
- Meaty ruebens
- Cucumber and (garden) tomato salad
- Cherries

The guests: Aaron, Adam ("Trickster"), Adeel, Ebony, Em, Mod, Ryan ("Murph")


The empty chair was for Mod, who joined later.


Murph got in a quick game of solitaire catch-a-chicken and won. Good job, Murph!

No comments:

Post a Comment