Hungry? You're invited to join me for dinner any night, or all nights, in the month of August! I'll provide the meal. You show up at 6:30 with your beverage of choice and an adventurous palate.

Interested? Send me an email/text/message to RSVP and I'll add you to the chair count. RSVP now or RSVP later, but please let me know by 3 pm on the day you are joining. Bring your friends! Bring your family! Enjoy your meal.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Some numbers

Before I set out to open my dinner table to guests, I wrote down some predictions about who would come, how often, etc. Here are the actual results, along with my predictions. I was way off!


Prediction Actual
Max # guests 10 19
Number of visits from highest frequency guest 7 15
Number of discrete guests 25 103
Number of repeated dishes 0 0
Average number of guests 4 6.5
Number of nights with no guests 5 0

The most surprising number to me is 103 unique guests, including 20 people I had never met before! The total number of plate served was 202!

It will come as no surprise to the blog readers that Andy had the most number of visits with 15.
He was followed by Laura with 11 and Em with 10.

Most frequent commenter: Ella/Danica.

Thanks again to everyone that took me up on my open dinner table offer. You are all welcome for dinner anytime you want. I'll need more warning than 3 pm day-of though.

1 comment:

  1. Melanie,

    I loved your open dinner table. I think you were very gracious and daring to do something as ambitious at that. I truly enjoyed the time at your home and if you do it again next year I will be more help (crutch-less)! You are an amazing chef! Thanks Melanie!

    Jen, Josh, Brock and Rayna

    ReplyDelete